Texas Bandmasters Association
1948 – 2020
- Continually assist its membership in achieving the highest standards of instrumental music education.
- Promote the place and value of music education in our society and the important role instrumental music plays in our cultural, intellectual, and social lives.
- Foster goodwill, fellowship and a collegial, fraternal spirit among its members.
- Provide its membership with an annual Convention/Clinic which introduces new music, tried and proven teaching methods and materials as well as instruments and equipment.
- Provide Educational Publications of instructional methods and materials for TBA members and aid them with their personal development and leadership.
- Provide additional practical and instructional information for the university music student preparing to become a band director.
Board of Directors
The Texas Bandmasters Association Board of Directors is comprised of professional band directors / administrators from across the state of Texas. The Board is responsible for the administration of all activities of the association. The Board convenes four times a year to discuss, guide, and implement the goals of the association.
The TBA Staff is professionally dedicated to serving the members of TBA. You may reach the staff below for assistance with clinics, membership, housing, exhibits, advertising, or any other area requiring assistance.
1002 Central Parkway South | San Antonio, TX 78232