The purpose of the Texas Bandmasters Association, Inc. is to:
- Continually assist its membership in achieving the highest standards of instrumental music education.
- Promote the place and value of music education in our society and the important role instrumental music plays in our cultural, intellectual, and social lives.
- Foster goodwill, fellowship and a collegial, fraternal spirit among its members.
- Provide its membership with an annual Convention/Clinic which introduces new music, tried and proven teaching methods and materials as well as instruments and equipment.
- Provide Educational Publications of instructional methods and materials for TBA members and aid them with their personal development and leadership.
- Provide additional practical and instructional information for the university music student preparing to become a band director.